The Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) Detection course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to successfully and safely inspect
for, identify, and/or respond to vehicle-borne explosive threats.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for audiences such as:
• Critical infrastructure owners and operators
• Public safety officers
• Emergency managers
• Security officers
• Law enforcement officers
• Private sector security professionals
• AWR-333: IED Classification and Construction
• AWR-337: IED Explosive Effects and Mitigation
• AWR-338: Homemade Explosives & Procedures
Schedule of Events
• Module 1: Course Introduction and Overview
• Module 2: Vehicle-Borne Explosive Threat Overview
• Module 3: Identifying Vehicle-Borne Explosive Hazards
• Module 4: Assessment of Vehicles and Occupant Behavior
• Module 5: The Vehicle Inspection Process
• Module 6: Course Summary
Transportation, Parking & Lunch
Parking – Parking is available at the stadium
Lunch – Lunch options available in the local area
Online registration will be completed through the FEMA Center for Domestic Preparedness.
Students require a FEMA Student Identification (SID) number to register.
You must have a FEMA SID before applying for a course.
You must have a FEMA SID before applying for a course. To register for a FEMA SID number, go to:
GET FEMA SID and click “Register for FEMA SID” or “Forgot FEMA SID”
If you encounter any issues, please contact the FEMA SID help desk at: [email protected]
Registering for a FEMA SID number does not register you for a class
Registration information will be provided by the hosting agency once the course has been scheduled.
This event will be provided by CISA with no charge to attend – any lodging/per diem expenditures will be the responsibility of the attendee’s own agency/department/company.